3.07.2010

I feel old, but not very wise

Oh, young love! When An Education works, it’s because it’s capable of recreating the insane fog of love, particularly first love, which always feels like last love. Plus, it's set in classy 1960's London. Classy as in modish, classy as in overtly concerned with class. For me, it was definitely one of those "You had me at 'Hello'.." moments. Not to mention the film stars my all-time favorite new comer, the delightful, coquettish Carey Mulligan. She's an actor that you should be on the look out for, she's absolutely radiant on screen and has a charming quality about her that makes my heterosexual self wish that the two of us could have ran off to Paris for a steamy love affair. So, if you haven't seen An Education, it's time to crawl out from inside that hole and liberate yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment